A responsive organization aspiring towards excellence through standardized, technologically – driven processes to govern motor traffic regulation.
Executing the rules and regulations entrusted by the motor traffic Act and other legislation in an efficient manner through teamwork, and the use of modern technology to create a responsive government organization.
“We at Department of Motor Traffic abide by the Motor Traffic Act of Sri Lanka always strive to meet and exceed our Customer expectations, developing and supporting our colleagues to deliver our promise and never compromise social obligations as a responsive public service organization. Our aim is to live up to our VISION and MISSION with relentless focus on monitoring the organizational objectives, continual improvement of systems, standards and risk based thinking pattern as per ISO 9001:2015 requirements while meeting regulatory and other relevant requirements for our service offerings.”
- High Public Appreciation through Organization
- Efficiency and Effectiveness through Processes
- Customer Satisfaction through Services
- Employee Motivation through Teamwork
- Provide efficient and effective service as entrusted by the Motor Traffic Act
- Execute other vested laws and regulations efficiently and effectively
- Optimum use of Human, Physical and financial Resources within the Department
- No 14 of 1951 Motor Traffic Act (Chapter 203)
- No 8 of 2009 Motor Traffic (Amendment) Act